Tuesday 26 March 2013

B B B Birds and Bellydancing!

Hello there, it's been so long ... :(

I've been absent from the blogging world and facebook for a while as we have been dealing with the illness after illness in this house. I was the last one to come down with the dreaded death cold...or ultimate man flu as I called it when Mr Dotty had it, only to realise now that it is very horrid indeed. I now feel a bit like a half dead cat that should be put out of its misery..I'm deaf in one ear, have sinitus and am generally pretty run down.

Anyways..so sorry for that grotty update..I have however been working away finishing off the odd project and tinkering with new ones. I just saw that it was the Faith Hope and Charity Shopping Tah Dah Tuesday link up and it prompted me to get posting again. So here is my little offering...
It's a blackbird which I am swapping with crafty and talented paper cut artist Kirsty M for one of her fabulous papercuts. I'm also making a foxy brooch for her but its not quite finished yet! The bird is adapted from a pattern by Abigail Glassenberg's book The Artful Bird. I do not sell them as they are not my original patterns but I have made quite a few a presents. 
My other Tah Dah moment was a bellydancing performance with my little group at the Vital Spark Big Celebration, an local event celebrating creativity  through dance, music and the spoken word. I do love the belldancing bling! My alter ego definately comes out to play when I'm shimmying!

I do seem to pull the same stupid face every time a camera appears...what a chump!

Well, there you go..I'm off to cosy up and watch a trashy dvd....and sniff a little, complain of how cold it is and fish for sympathy!

Take care my lovelies
Love Dotty 
xxx




 

17 comments:

  1. thank you for your comment . the black bird is lovely , lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well may I say both of your 'ta-dahhhhs' are magnificent Dotty!! Love the fact you go belly dancing!! Fantastic! I also love your blackbird!!!
    I have been trying to make some birdies of my own but haven't got very few as I was unsure what to do or how to make the legs, then you reminded me, I have the Artful Bird book, doh!! ( I buy/get books purely to look at the pictures haha, I do it's true, then I forget I have them, I can read, just get side tracked by the loveliness) so you have inspired me to crack on with project fly away.
    Much love and enjoy your trashy film
    Haylie x a.k.a Rubie Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey! Make birds!! Ive only just started using florist tape for covering the legs and it works really well, so much easier than wrapping with cotton, which is what I used to do and it tends to take ages then slip about and eventually untangle everywhere! Its a great book. I look forward to seeing your little birdies! x

      Delete
  3. Love your little blackbird ... I have that book in my wishlist ... might have to pop it in my basket ...
    hope you are feeling much better soon ... flu is not funny ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It is a brilliant book, lots of inspiring ideas and the patterns are fairly easy to follow. x

      Delete
  4. your blackbird is wonderful, hope you are now feeling much better and ready to belly dance once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you..I have missed my beloved bellydancing again tonight..boo but banging sinus pain is not great when trying to shimmy around a room! It seems to be starting to clear now..at last!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blackbird! That's one of the thingsI miss here in Lanzarote, the British garden birds. You've made a wonderful job of this handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and welcome to my blog :) I do love th birds here..my new favourite is the little Jenny Wren, she hops so frantically around the pots outside the window every day searching for food. They are such tiny delicate little creatures. Although I must say that living in Lanzarote sounds pretty good to me!

      Delete
  6. Is there no end to you talent! Glad you are feeling better, I've half your swap sorted now, will sort out the rest after the weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must sort the swap out!! I WILL get it posted next week! yes indeed! xx

      Delete
  7. Ahh glad you are feeling a bit better!Love what you made, the bird is lovely. Belly dancing looks fun too. Enjoy your
    Easter weekend! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute blackbird and I hope you are feeling better now. Wonderful shot of you in the belly dancing costume. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little bird!! Hope you've had a great Easter too! (and yes, thanks, we had a great zoo visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog via the FHCS linkup- LOVE that bird , will have to add the book to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome! It is a brilliant book..I've just finished making a Barn Owl based on a pattern from it...will post a pic soon! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...