Thursday 8 November 2012

Winter Butterflies

I've had this idea rattling around my brain for some time now and, as usual, I've decided on making it now because I am super busy and have lots of other things I should be doing!

The wings were made by sewing fabric onto a felt backing and then I drew the details on using freehand machine embroidery. For the body I needlefelted a fat body shape with wool then wrapped it with embroidery thread. Unfortunately some of the thread slipped off of the body so I'll have to make sure I sew in and anchor it better next time. It was originally going to be a brooch but I though it looked quite fun as a hairclip instead! I'm going to make some more for the craft fairs and maybe a few dragonflies too! 

Well, I must go and sew some more ears now...about 30 to go...waaah!

Hope you are inspired and feeling the creativity flow too !!
Love Dotty xxx







11 comments:

  1. Very pretty ... dragonflies would be lovely ... happy ear sewing ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this works perfectly in the hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I think it's become a new theme in my work...I'm trying to think of other creatures that can live in my hair!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so cute, i love wearing different hair accessories x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, my hair has never had so much attention..now thats its red I'm always putting different clips in it...nests one day, mushrooms the next! ;)

      Delete
  5. It's ingredibly cute! Hope you'll have some on your etsy shop too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do! I'm making some more today...and some dragonflies too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...