Sunday 7 August 2011

Adventures in Thrifting...

I'm taking part in the lovely blog her library adventures "flea market finds" today. So here are some of my trasure/trash! All bought in the name of children!! including...a few old kids books from the 70's and 80's



and finally and somewhat randomly... a rubber horse head and a monkey mask!
 A bargain at 50p and it was worth it for the 'freaking the hell out of my kids' value!!
I think it quite suits me, i may just start wearing it when out and about, gardening, shopping... so many uses!

I was also surprised at how camp He-Man looks, he's not quite the alfa male all action man I remember from my childhood!
that really was quite a random post... ah well!

10 comments:

  1. Love the horse head and the monkey mask!!!

    Little Dotty Bird, they were fantastic buys.

    ~Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. The masks are really scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! My little boy (who's almost 5) is really into He-Man at the moment - as we were at that age. Watching it as an adult is quite amusing - He-Man is a bit .... camp? at times!! It's a good cartoon though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those masks freak me out ha ha!

    The books are cute!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously freaky masks!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments! I love the masks, weve had quite a laugh alredy, freaking out grandparants, neighbours...anyone unfortunate enough to visit us! My favourite book find was 'Tom Tortoise Has A Birthday', the illustrations are fab, especially love the menacing weasel and the fox! and as for he-man, Ive got the theme tune stuck in my head now... oh dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I have to confess, I used to pretend that Man at Arms was my Dad!!!
    I grew out of that fairly quickly, great book finds! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I wish we had flea markets here! The books look adorable! (and the masks look scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love old childrens books, especially the Enid Blyton type, or pony stories, I had hundreds as a child.
    They are great stress relievers, if I feeling bad,I re-read the famous five or the enchanted wood, very calming, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enid Blyton books are fab, the far away tree and The Naughtiest Girl in School were my favourites as a kid. Ive been reading the faraway tree to my kids now, they are timeless classics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...